Audio & Video
TCEA 2023: AVer Debuts All-in-One Camera with AI Audio for Classrooms
- By Kristal Kuykendall
AVer USA, a provider of video collaboration and education technology solutions, debuted at TCEA 2023 its new all-in-one camera with AI audio built for K–12 classrooms, called the A30, combining a document camera, web camera, microphone, and speaker.
“With easy-to-use plug-n-play connectivity, the A30 speaker connects to computers, IFPs, and monitors to provide clear classroom audio up to 20 feet away,” AVer USA said. “Teachers can seamlessly pivot between doc cam and webcam modes without having to switch technology devices, while the built-in microphone and speaker minimize set-up time and can support small classroom work groups and hearing-impaired students.”
The A30 also will connect to a wireless microphone via line-in and allows lesson recording.
Additional A30 features listed include:
- AI Audio Technology: The AVer-exclusive AI audio algorithm produces “clear sound with echo cancellation while minimizing background noise,” AVer said.
- Multipurpose Classroom Audio: The A30 microphone and speaker help boost inclusivity and accessibility, AVer said, connecting to computers, IFPs, and monitors for clear audio recording and playback that’s audible up to 20 feet away.
- 4K Ultra HD Resolution: The 13 megapixel camera delivers 4K resolution.
- Flexible Camera Angles: The extendable arm elongates and folds to capture multiple angles, and the device features an adjustable camera head and rotatable base.
- Picture-in-Picture Interface: The A30 has both HDMI and USB outputs for video streaming, meaning teachers can connect to another USB camera for picture-in-picture image when using the software.
- Video Conferencing or Doc Cam Modes: The automatic image rotation allows a seamless experience to switch from conference camera mode that works with all popular video conferencing platforms, to a document camera and back, AVer said.
- Compatible with AVerTouch Software: The A30 can be connected with one touch enabling teachers to immediately start sharing content and annotate, AVer said. The software also features cloud sync with automatic backups of teacher annotations, captures, and recordings.
Learn more at AVerUSA.com.
Kristal Kuykendall is editor, 1105 Media Education Group. She can
be reached at [email protected].