Calling all Tech-Savvy Districts — Nominations Are Open Now!
Deadline is February 28th, 2014
T.H.E. Journal and the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) are pleased to announce the 10th annual award program honoring Dr. Sylvia Charp and her groundbreaking contributions and extended service to the education technology community.
T.H.E. Journal and ISTE will identify and recognize a school district that has shown effectiveness and innovation in the application of technology district-wide.
The award has two focuses:
- District-wide implementation: Ensuring equity and appropriate technology use for ALL students in the district.
- Innovation: Progress in education, as in all endeavors of our society, depends on new ideas.
About the Award
The winning district will:
Applications submitted for this award will demonstrate:
- Consistent district effectiveness
- Use of ISTE's National Educational Technology Standards and Essential Conditions for Students or a (local or statewide) derivative of those Standards
- Effective and innovative technology implementation
- Commitment to participate in dissemination to and support of other districts