KDS Adds 11 Online Professional Development Courses
Knowledge Delivery Systems (KDS) has launched 11 new professional development courses for K-12 educators through Adams State College's Teacher Education Program. Adams State College, in Colorado, is providing one graduate credit for each of the courses, accredited through the Teacher Education Accreditation Council and Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Each of the courses runs 15 hours and is open to enrollment year-round. The new courses include:
- Coaching: What Every Educator Needs to Know;
- Effective Classroom Discipline: Anger Management, Part 1;
- Effective Classroom Discipline: Anger Management, Part 2;
- English Language Learners: Strategies for Elementary Teachers;
- Improving Literacy in Secondary Schools, Part 1;
- Improving Literacy in Secondary Schools, Part 2;
- Interactive Learning for English Language Learners;
- Mentoring to Improve Student Learning;
- Aiding Students with Learning Disabilities;
- Inclusive Teaching for Students with Learning Disabilities; and
- Legal Issues in Education: A Free and Appropriate Education.
Each course costs $150 (plus a $45 application fee to Adams). More information can be fund at the links below.
READ MORE DAILY NEWS
About the author: David Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's online education technology publications, including THE Journal and Campus Technology. He can be reached at email@example.com
Proposals for articles and tips for news stories, as well as questions and comments about this publication, should be submitted to David Nagel, executive editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Producer David Nagel heads up the editorial department for 1105 Media's education publications — which include two daily sites, a variety of newsletters and two monthly digital magazines covering technology in both K-12 and higher education.
A 21-year publishing veteran, Nagel has led or contributed to dozens of technology, art and business publications.
He can be reached at email@example.com. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10390192 or follow him on Twitter at @THEJournalDave (K-12) or @CampusTechDave (higher education). A selection of David Nagel's articles can be found on this site.