NEC Debuts 2 Mobile DLP Projectors
NEC Display Solutions has started shipping two new digital projectors, the NP110 and NP215, offering 7-watt speakers, built-in closed captioning and eco Mode for conserving energy.
The NP110 is specified at 800 x 600 (SVGA) resolution, while the NP215 is specified at 1,024 x 768 (XGA). Estimated street prices are $459 for NP110 and $599 for NP215.
Features common to the two projectors are:
- Contrast ratio of 2000:1;
- Brightness of up to 2,500 lumens;
- Power consumption of 242W (217W in eco Mode);
- Up to 5,000 hours of lamp life (in eco Mode);
- Low power consumption (0.49W in standby mode);
- DLP's BrilliantColor technology, which increases system brightness and color saturation while optimizing color gain across the full color gamut;
- Built-in wall color correction presets, which provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces;
- Filter-free design, which eliminates the need to monitor and change filters;
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in eco Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup; and
- Green Eco Mode button on the remote control for easy switching of mode.
Further information can be found here.
Denise Harrison is a freelance writer and editor specializing in technology, specifically in audiovisual and presentation. She also works as a consultant for Second Life projects and is involved with nonprofits and education within the 3D realm. She can be reached here.