AV & Presentation
NEC Launches 70-Inch Digital Signage Display
NEC Display Solutions of America has announced the 70-inch P701 LCD display for digital signage. NEC will demonstrate the P701 LCD display at the 2010 Digital Signage Expo Feb. 24 to 25, 2010, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV, booth 1805.
The P701 includes DisplayPort and Ethernet for connectivity. The new display also has more than 30 built-in features in its Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite. Among these are:
- TileMatrix, which enables customers to create a video wall of up to 100 displays in a 10 x 10 matrix;
- An ambient light sensor, which automatically adjusts the display according to the amount of surrounding light to guarantee consistent brightness no matter the lighting conditions; and
- A built-in scheduler, which enables the advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down.
- Additionally, the expansion slot allows seamless integration of NEC and third-party components, increasing the types of environments in which the P701 can be used.
Some of the other features include:
- 1,920 x 1,080 full high-definition resolution;
- 2,000:1 contrast ratio;
- 420 cd/m² typical brightness (600 cd/m² maximum);
- Premium-grade panel with additional thermal protection and internal temperature sensors;
- Sealed panel design for protection against dust, grease, and steam;
- Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite, which offers more than 30 advanced features, making it easier to deploy and manage multi-screen networks;
- Built-in expansion slot, which increases the connectivity and methods for displaying content;
- Real-time clock and built-in scheduler for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down;
- Enhanced video wall capabilities, including Individual or Group ID functions, copy settings function, TileMatrix (up to 100 displays in a 10 x 10 matrix), and TileComp;
- AmbiBright, which ensures constant and consistent brightness in any lighting condition via the ambient light sensor;
- Built-in eco-friendly options such as real-time scheduler and carbon footprint meter for calculating and tracking carbon savings; and
- Built-in tuner (P701-AVT version, available March 2010).
Optional accessories and products will include the NEC Display Wall Calibrator; SpectraViewII color calibration kit; stand; digital signage kit; single board computer; DVI daisy chain module; and internal HD-SDI card
The P701 will be available for March 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $11,799.
Denise Harrison is a freelance writer and editor specializing in technology, specifically in audiovisual and presentation. She also works as a consultant for Second Life projects and is involved with nonprofits and education within the 3D realm. She can be reached here.