Netop Updates Endpoint Protection Software
Netop has announced it released an updated version of its endpoint protection software, ProtectOn Pro. The software is designed to protect networks and their workstations from both internal damage, from such issues as unacceptable files uploaded by network users, and external damage from viruses, worms, and other serious threats to security and network operations.
Components of ProtectOn Pro version 1.1, include:
- Administrator whitelisting of otherwise prohibited WiFi networks;
- Restoration of networked computers to a previously defined state, eliminating damage from external breaches;
- Control of user access to USB and WiFi devices, hard drives, Web sites, and applications;
- Ability to customize user access privileges to files on the hard drive; and
- A central administrative console for network managers to control and monitor networked computers.
A spokesperson for Netop said the company developed the updates to the software in response to specific requests from its customers.
ProtectOn Pro 1.1 is available free of charge to existing users with upgrade insurance. The software can also be purchased from an authorized reseller. Information about purchase, pricing, and volume discounts, as well as registration for a 30-day free trial, is available at the company Web site.
Scott Aronowitz is a freelance writer based in Las Vegas. He has covered the technology, advertising, and entertainment sectors for seven years. He can be reached here.