Library & Textbook Management | News
Destiny 9.9 Expands Reporting, Business Tools
Follett Software Co. has released the latest upgrade of its Destiny software for library automation and textbook management. Destiny 9.9 offers a number of improvements aimed at saving time and money for users of its Library Manager and Textbook Manager applications.
Among the improvements offered in version 9.9 are:
- Greater e-mail flexibility, including additional administrator configuration options;
- Improved differentiation between library and textbook fines;
- Increased refund processing capabilities;
- Quicker printing of new patron barcodes, with simplified patron list creation;
- Enhanced reporting on items checked out during the day;
- Convenient printing of Lexile, AR, and RC labels; and
- Quick updating of textbook due dates.
A spokesperson for Follett noted that existing customers using either Destiny application with current technical support privileges are entitled to receive the upgrade at no cost. Further information is available here.
Scott Aronowitz is a freelance writer based in Las Vegas. He has covered the technology, advertising, and entertainment sectors for seven years. He can be reached here.