Middleware | News
Oracle Enterprise Gateway 11g Secures SOA and Cloud Environments
Oracle this week announced Enterprise Gateway 11g, part of their Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g application infrastructure foundation. Enterprise Gateway 11g provides enhanced security for service-oriented architecture (SOA), either on-premises, across domains, or in the cloud. It also secures, speeds up, integrates, and routes XML, Web services, and other types of data and provides authentication, authorization, and audit capabilities.
Enterprise Gateway 11g can easily be integrated with other Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g products, including Oracle SOA Suite 11g, Oracle SOA Governance, Oracle Identity Management 11g, and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Key features of Oracle Enterprise Gateway 11g include:
- DMZ-class security and a threat defense system at the service perimeter of SOA and cloud environments;
- Ultra-fast XML processing capabilities to reduce the resource load of SOA and cloud-based applications;
- XML connectivity and security capabilities;
- Open and standards-based architecture for interoperability with third-party platforms;
- Runtime enforcement of authentication, authorization, and audit rules;
- SOA and cloud-ready deployment capabilities;
- Ability to mediate traffic in SOAP, REST, XML, and other data formats;
- Connection management between the enterprise, partners, and third-party cloud services;
- Central management of API keys for authentication to cloud services, including threat protection and message-redaction capabilities;
- Aggregation of multi-domain services across the enterprise, partners, and third-party cloud services;
- Critical governance controls for service access, usage, and availability in the DMZ; and
Further information about Oracle Enterprise Gateway 11g can be found here.
About the Author
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].