Redesigned Barracuda NG Earth Offers Improved Navigation and Reduced Resource Requirements
Barracuda Networks has launched a completely redesigned new version of its real-time 3D visualization application for Barracuda NG Firewalls, Barracuda NG Earth 2.0.
NG Earth 2.0 displays firewalls and VPNs graphically to show the status of distributed networks.
Barracuda NG Earth 2.0 is part of the Barracuda NG Control Center and enables administrators to manage multiple firewall locations using hot keys and drop-down menus. The firewalls and VPN tunnels between locations are displayed graphically on a globe, so even non-technical users can view the status of distributed networks.
New features in this version of Barracuda NG Earth include:
- Ability to display more information about Barracuda NG Firewalls, such as configuration settings, system status, firmware version, NG Firewall model and serial numbers, local time zones for each device location, and the state of VPN tunnels between locations;
- Redesigned menu bar with improved navigation and handling;
- New political map that displays countries, borders, and capitals;
- New Application Information drop-down list that enables administrators to navigate between locations and display respective VPN tunnel statuses in real time; and
- Reduced requirements for system resources such as hard drive space and memory, so it can run on netbooks.
Barracuda NG Earth is free for users of the Enterprise or Global editions of Barracuda NG Control Center. Further information about Barracuda NG Earth is available on the company's site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].