Unified Communications | News
Office-LinX Gains VMware vSphere Support
Esnatech has released the latest version of its unified communications platform, Office-LinX 8.5, that integrates with cloud-based applications, VoIP service, PBXs, mobile operating systems, and business applications.
Office-LinX 8.5 supports full virtualization of its voice clusters with VMware vSphere support, enabling organizations to distribute the Office-LinX application and resources over multiple virtual servers connected to a single or distributed telephony infrastructure.
Office-LinX 8.5 includes a unified communications extension for Google Chrome on Windows, Mac OS, and Chrome OS. The extension can look up valid phone numbers on any open Web page and enables click-to-dial within Chrome and cloud-based apps such as Google Apps, Salesforce.com, and VMware Zimbra. Click-to-dial also works from Google Talk and Google Contacts.
Key features of Office-LinX 8.5 include:
- Distributed architecture over multiple virtual servers;
- Integration through SIP-to-SIP trunks or extensions, or SIP-to-TDM gateways;
- Scalability to a maximum of 900 ports and nine voice servers;
- Unified communications extension for Google Chrome;
- Voice (SIP) validation for Broadsoft Broadworks Release 17, Cisco Unified Call Manager 8.5, Nortel CS1000 7.5 (with Aura Session Manager), and Nortel CS2100 Release 13;
- Rich presence (CTI) validation for Cisco Unified Call Manager 8.5 and Broadsoft XSI;
- Ability to receive and respond to email, voice, and fax messages on any device, any time;
- Integration with enterprise communications infrastructure, such as phone system with cloud, and software-as-a-service-based business applications, such as Google Apps and Salesforce.com;
- Find me, follow me, single-number reach applications;
- Smartphone device integration to corporate phone system;
- FMC (Fixed-to-Mobile convergence) support for mobile devices, softphones, desk phones, and smart devices;
- Speech recognition with auto-attendant and contact dialing;
- Text-to-speech for reading back email over the phone;
- Robust desktop and mobile capabilities that include instant messaging, presence, call control, fax, and click-to-dial in any desktop or Web-based business application;
- Rich federated presence across mobile/fixed line devices, and multiple business applications including Google Talk, Skype, Salesforce.com and Microsoft OCS; and
- High availability and active redundancy through VMware vSphere to ensure scalable and always-available unified communications services.
Further information about Office-LinX 8.5 is available on the Esnatech site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].