Professional Development | News
Teachscape and Saba Join Forces to Offer Talent Management System for Teachers
Teachscape, a provider of Web-based professional development materials, technologies, and services for teachers, and Saba, a provider of learning and talent management software and enterprise social networking tools, have formed an alliance to offer their joint customers a competency-based talent management system for educators.
Teachscape and Saba's combined talent management system will offer professional development tools and resources for teachers at all stages of their careers. The system will support individualized professional development plans for teachers, teacher performance tracking, and career-path management for teachers.
"There is a tremendous need for school districts to manage the lifecycle of their educational workforces as school districts often employ more people than large corporations," said Jeff Carr, president of global field operations at Saba in a prepared statement. "The goal of this partnership is to assist our joint and prospective customers in managing and developing their educators, enhancing the effectiveness of schools and districts, and increasing student achievement in a continuous learning environment."
The new competency-based talent management platform includes:
- Online-observer training and assessment system;
- Tools for conducting in-person and video-based classroom observations;
- Online professional development resources;
- A multi-pronged method of evaluating teachers that combines classroom observation, student achievement data, and other performance measurement tools;
- Support for individualized professional development plans for teachers;
- Ability for school districts to integrate their own professional development resources in the learning management system; and
- Enterprise social networking tools for teachers to participate in professional development communities.
Further information about these tools are available at teachscape.com and saba.com.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.