AV & Presentation | News
ATEN Debuts Long Distance HDMI Digital Signage Solution
This week at the InfoComm 2012 expo in Las Vegas, ATEN is showcasing its first complete long-distance HDMI digital signage solution. Part of the company's VanCryst line of A/V components, the VS1804T and VS1808T HDMI Over CAT5 Video Splitters transmit HDMI multimedia content and HDCP information from input source to four or eight displays in real time.
A one-to-many, point-to-multipoint, scalable system for the transmission of high definition video and audio, the splitters provide flexibility for customized digital signage or HDMI display installations. For example, the VS1804T and VS1808T allow educators to distribute the audio and video signals from a laptop or whiteboard camera to multiple large, flat-screen monitors—and position them anywhere in a room.
- One HDMI input to four or eight HDMI outputs via CAT5e cables
- Extends displays up to 200 feet
- Offers local HDMI output
- HDCP compatible
- Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) allows interconnected HDMI devices to communicate and respond to one remote control
- HD resolutions of 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p (1920 x 1080)
- EDID mode selection
- 3D video capability
- Cascadable to three levels
About the author: Rhea Kelly is editor in chief for Campus Technology. She can be reached at [email protected].