Assessment | News
Turning Tech Releases Data Collection System for Computer-Based Testing and Evaluation
- By Sharleen Nelson
Turning Technologies has released a paperless system designed for collecting and managing test data for standardized assessments, exams, evaluations, and certification testing.
The Triton Data Collection system allows users to create and control the test environment, collect data instantly, and receive on-demand test results via its secure, low-bandwidth, closed radio frequency network.
Three basic components of the system include a Web portal, a receiver, and an NXT clicker. The Triton Web portal manages all testing elements, including allowing administrators to create a custom testing environment and storing and backing up encrypted collected data. the Triton Receiver, a single, plug-and-play USB device, stores the Proctor Application software that delivers the tests. The ResponseCard NXT clicker, which replaces paper bubble sheets, allows participants to enter and submit test answers. In addition to summative testing, the ResponseCard NXT clicker can be used in conjunction with TurningPoint polling software for formative assessments.
Other features Include:
- Central administration Web portal for managing participants, proctors, and test sites;
- Sub-network for low to no bandwidth environments where an Internet connection is not required;
- No software installation or IT setup;
- Digital answer submission eliminates cost of bubble sheet collection;
- Secure, encrypted response data sent via patented RF technology;
- On-demand data scoring and reporting within the system; and
- Simple import/export of data and ability to integrate with any third party system.
For more information, visit TurningTechnologies.com.
Sharleen Nelson is a freelance journalist based in Springfield, Oregon. She can be reached at email@example.com.