Acer Introduces TravelMate X3 Notebook
Acer TravelMate X349
Acer today introduced the TravelMate X3 series of commercial notebooks, designed for productivity on the go.
The first model in the series, the Acer TravelMate X349, features an all-aluminum chassis, weighs in at 3.3 pounds and measures under 0.7 inches thick. Under the hood, the device boasts 6th-generation Intel Core processors, up to 8GB DDR4 memory and up to 512GB SSDs, and offers up to 10 hours of battery life.
The TravelMate X349's 14-inch HD display reclines 180 degrees to lie fully flat, to facilitate content-sharing in small group discussions. IPS2 technology enables clear wide-angle viewing.
Other features include:
- USB Type-C port for connecting up to two 4K displays (when paired with an Acer USB Type-C Dock, sold separately);
- LED backlit keyboard with large touchpad;
- Integrated speakers and microphones;
- 720p HDR webcam;
- Integrated touch fingerprint sensor supporting Windows Hello for fast and secure sign-in;
- Trusted Platform Module 2.0 chip;
- Windows 10 Pro operating system; and
- Acer ProShield Manager and Acer Office Manager tools for security and management.
MSRP for the TravelMate X349 starts at $649.99. For more information, go to the Acer site.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.