Second Avenue Learning Partners with iCivics, Offers Discount on Voters Ed
Second Avenue Learning, in partnership with iCivics, is offering a special promotion on its Voters Ed program.
Ed is an interactive online civics education program for students from
kindergarten through grade 12 that "presents current and historical
election information in a non-partisan, fact-based way, supporting
educators as they teach the electoral process and upcoming presidential
election," according to a news release.
Between July 20 and
August 20, 2016, teachers can purchase Voters Ed at a 20 percent
discount using the promo code iCivics16. iCivics, a non-profit
organization "dedicated to reinvigorating civic learning through
interactive learning resources," according to a news release, will
receive 30 percent of the proceeds from every Voters Ed purchase using
the promo code.
Key features of Voters Ed include:
- Lesson plans and technology integration plans tied to curricular standards and grade levels;
- Primers on the electoral college and presidential primaries;
- Election history, including results of all past presidential elections and key issues;
- Poll results, including current national and state polls;
- State-by-state prediction maps based on delegate counts; and
- Support for whiteboards, computers and tablets through the Voters Ed web application.
The current 2016 version of Voters Ed has been updated to include information about this year's election.
Second Avenue Learning also offers school- and district-level pricing through its site.
Further information about Voters Ed can be found on Second Avenue Learning's site.
About the Author
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].