Smart Technologies Rolls Out Android 11 Update as Part of iQ 3.12 Release for Smart Boards
- By Kate Lucariello
Interactive whiteboard maker Smart Technologies has announced its iQ 3.12 release, which includes an over-the-air upgrade to the Android 11 operating system. The company says the automatic update includes better performance, features, and security and privacy upgrades, allowing more product cycle control and convenience for users.
Smart Technologies announced in Spring 2022 it was the first manufacturer to launch interactive displays supporting Android 11, with functions that relieve users from having to purchase new panels or modules. The November 2022 over-the-air update provides:
- Android 11 upgrades to SMART V3 interactive displays with the iQ platform;
- Greater interoperability and support for 64-bit apps; and
- Improved iQ platform longevity using the Android 11 support timeline for patches and security updates.
In addition, all supported iQ displays will automatically receive these features, the company said:
- Whole-class collaborative whiteboard improved with content attribution for student contributions from their devices;
- New pedagogically designed ready-made resources for student contribution from devices;
- Single-question assessments such as polls;
- 'Shout it Out' brainstorming templates; and
- Exit tickets and knowledge gathering.
Visit this page to learn more about Smart interactive boards for education and see this page for a comparison of Smart board displays and specs.
Kate Lucariello is a former newspaper editor, EAST Lab high school teacher and college English teacher.