Jason Project Charts Course Through Monster Storms
The Jason Project, a subsidiary of the National Geographic Society, has come out with new science curriculum called Operation: Monster Storms. The first in Jason's new line of curricula, Operation: Monster Storms was developed over a two-year period in cooperation with NOAA, NASA, and the National Geographic Society and is targeted toward fifth- through eighth-grade classes.
Operation: Monster Storms is a free online curriculum focusing on the science of weather, and it's available as well in print with VHS and DVD materials. The curriculum is designed for five to nine weeks and covers standards for physical science, earth science, and science and personal social perspectives.
- Online student edition, with various multimedia elements;
- Interactive computer-based simulations using actual data in a gaming environment;
- Online collaboration;
- Resources provided in a digital library;
- Pre-designed assessments, along with tools for teachers to create their own tests; and
- Detailed usage, survey, assessment, and progress reports.
Registration is free at the link below.
READ MORE DAILY NEWS
About the author: David Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's online education technology publications, including THE Journal and Campus Technology. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals for articles and tips for news stories, as well as questions and comments about this publication, should be submitted to David Nagel, executive editor, at email@example.com.