SmartDraw 2008 Debuts
SmartDraw has released an update to its eponymous SmartDraw software, an application designed to help educators create handouts, charts, and other education collateral. The new version, SmartDraw 2008, now integrates with Google Maps and includes several new functional enhancements.
SmartDraw 2008 is designed to help teachers create handouts, worksheets, science diagrams, certificates, and other materials. The new version includes several additional graphics generation capabilities and other features, including:
- Picture Charts, which are data graphs that use pictures to represent information;
- Live Maps, which captures map data from the Internet (such as Google Maps);
- Built-in photo adjustment capabilities;
- Automated flowcharts;
- Templates for automated graphic design; and
- One-click copying and pasting to Microsoft Office and other formats.
SmartDraw 2008 is available now. Education pricing runs $75 to $99 per seat based on volume. Annual licenses are also available. A free 30-day trial is also available.
READ MORE DAILY NEWS
About the author: David Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's online education technology publications, including THE Journal and Campus Technology. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals for articles and tips for news stories, as well as questions and comments about this publication, should be submitted to David Nagel, executive editor, at email@example.com.