Office Tools | News
Laserfiche Brings Document Management to the iPhone
- By Dian Schaffhauser
Laserfiche Mobile supports cropping, straightening, and text recognition.
Laserfiche, a document and business process management company, has released Laserfiche Mobile, an iPhone app that allows the user to capture an image with the phone's built-in camera and then put it into the stream of a managed workflow. Laserfiche's two primary products, Rio and Avante, both provide management of digital documents, allowing an organization to automate and streamline paper-based processes.
The mobile edition exploits the iPhone's touch screen, gesture recognition, and high resolution interface to provide access to those processes from Apple's mobile devices. The free app allows a user to:
- Create and upload new documents with the iPhone camera;
- Crop, straighten, and enhance captured information and do text recognition;
- Copy, move, rename, download, e-mail, print, and delete materials;
- Browse for documents in a folder structure or search a repository; and
- Participate in workflow automation processes by accessing metadata fields.
Laserfiche Mobile is available now as a free app for iOS. Additional details can be found on Laserfiche's site.
Dian Schaffhauser is a senior contributing editor for 1105 Media's education publications THE Journal and Campus Technology. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @schaffhauser.