Library Management | News
Destiny 11.0 Adds Support for RDA Records
Follett has released Destiny 11.0, the newest version of its library management platform, with upgrades designed to help create digital learning environments and improve library efficiency.
With the new version of Destiny, the company has also made the Destiny Quest mobile app available on Kindle Fire readers, in addition to Android and iOS devices. The app allows users to search for library resources, check out e-books, view account information, place holds, read and submit reviews, and use resource lists submitted by instructors.
Other features new to version 11.0 include:
- Support for both Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules (AACR2) and Resource Description and Access (RDA) records;
- A new dashboard for Destiny Library Manager with "quick access" to circulation statistics, overdue notices, and hold requests;
- The ability to calculate fines for lost items based on price;
- Improved access to Follett e-books;
- Integration with Follett Shelf;
- The ability to place holds on multiple copies or group related titles for holds; and
- The ability to forbid holds on lost, hidden, or available copies.
Destiny 10.5 customers with current technical support can upgrade to the new version at no cost.
The company will host a webinar, "What's New in Destiny 11.0," April 9 at 10 a.m. Pacific. More information is available at follettsoftware.com.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at email@example.com.