AV & Presentation | InfoComm 2013 News
Crestron AirMedia Turns Mobile Devices into Presentation Systems
Crestron has launched a new system that allows groups of presenters to connect their phones, tablets, and laptops to AV systems wirelessly.
The new AirMedia, which debuted at this week's InfoComm 2013 conference in Orlando, is a wireless HD presentation system that allows users to walk into an AirMedia-equipped room and present wirelessly to a projector or HD display. It supports up to 32 simultaneous users per unit and requires no special software for OS X and Windows devices. or Android and iOS devices, including tablets and smart phones, a free app will be available.
The AirMedia system supports Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android systems.
Features of the AirMedia system include:
- Support for 32 simultaneous users, with the ability to display four users' screens at a time;
- Presentation play, pause, and stop buttons that appear on the presenter's device;
- The ability to push presentations over the Web for remote participants;
- Support for Crestron Connected Display Control;
- Integration with Crestron DigitalMedia, CaptureLiveHD, and Crestron RL, as well as other AV systems; and
- A customizable welcome screen.
Crestron AirMedia is being shown off at the InfoComm 2013 conference in Orlando this week in booth 2900. It's expected t be available Aug. 1. The free AirMedia apps for iOS and Android will be available in the iTunes Store and Google Play, respectively. Additional details can be found on Crestron's site.