Audio | News
Califone Unveils Wireless Headphones for K-12
Califone has unveiled a set of rechargeable wireless headphones designed for use in the classroom.
The 901 Wireless Headphone features a 3.5 millimeter transmitter jack to listen to a computer, tablet or other mobile device. Other features include:
- Eight to 10 hours of use after each two-three hour charge;
- A cord for optional wired listening;
- FM radio reception;
- The ability to listen to SD cards;
- The ability to plug a traditional headphone into the 901 for a second listener; and
- The ability for any number of listeners to hear audio from a single transmitter within the device's 20-foot radius.
"Teachers have expressed a need for greater student flexibility and range than traditional wired headphones to access learning materials," said Tim Ridgway, vice president of marketing for Califone. "The 901 Wireless Headphone allows a 20' wireless listening range. It also enables multiple users to listen to one device with a single transmitter, giving educators the ability to group students with like abilities for a smaller differentiated learning community with the learning resources they need to succeed."
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.