Collaboration Tools | News
NEC's DisplayNote Software Now Available in the Cloud
NEC's DisplayNote software
NEC Display Solutions of America is taking its NEC DisplayNote Software to the cloud. The collaboration platform allows instructors and students to present and share content across any device using Windows, iOS and Android operating systems, and works with existing projectors.
According to a press release, features of the cloud-based NEC DisplayNote Software include:
- New user interface, for easier navigation of the software controls;
- Unlimited audio and messaging capabilities, which allow for capture of a complete session;
- Collaborative, device-to-device note-taking and annotation;
- Data encryption and proxy support for secure transmission of content via the cloud;
- Improved session discovery, which creates an easier path for login both for local and remote attendees; and
- More palette choices for backgrounds.
The software allows users to collaborate over the Internet without a connection to the campus network, helping mitigate network bandwidth issues. Sessions can be stored to the cloud for access anytime, anywhere.
For more information, visit the NEC Display site.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at [email protected].