BenQ Ships 84-inch 4K Interactive Touch Display
- By Dian Schaffhauser
Visual display company BenQ America has begun shipping its 84-inch LED 4K ultra-high-definition flat panel display, a product intended for classrooms with hefty audio-visual budgets. According to the company, the RP840G's 3,840 x 2,160 resolution delivers three times more working space than a 1,080-pixel full high-definition resolution. The unit is selling for $11,400 on CompSource.
Features of the RP840G include:
- 10-point multitouch technology, which allows a user to interact with the display with all 10 digits of two hands on the display, akin to newer iPads;
- Anti-glare glass to reduce reflection and a light life of 50,000 hours;
- Compatibility with Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome through plug-and-play;
- "DisplayNote" software that enables collaboration across multiple computing devices for displaying or streaming content simultaneously;
- Wireless control to allow a presenter to operate a PC from anywhere in the room;
- "EZWrite," a program for annotation that allows the user to write and paint directly on the whiteboard;
- A multiple display administrator feature allows for remote management of the display, including remote shutdown.
The unit is about 78 inches wide, 47 inches high and 4 inches deep; it weighs about 255 pounds. It comes with a wall mount but not a stand.
"Our RP840G multitouch panel was designed to provide an incredible value proposition for today's connected environments," said Bob Wudeck, associate vice president of strategy and business development. "By providing 4K UHD resolution and 10 touch points across 84 inches, the panel allows for presenters to easily interact with any onscreen content. To further increase collaboration, the display lets users pair their handheld devices, bringing audience participation to an entirely new level."
Dian Schaffhauser is a senior contributing editor for 1105 Media's education publications THE Journal and Campus Technology. She can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @schaffhauser.