Exo U Launches 1:1 Management Platform
Exo U has launched the Exo U Digital Education Platform, a tool designed for management of 1:1 and BYOD initiatives.
Available both online and off, the platform is designed to create a learner-centered, classroom-focused "operating system" available on
most devices. Able to integrate with a school or district's existing learning management and student information systems, the platform allows
for enterprise-level distribution of apps and instructional materials.
The ability for teachers to easily share content and see student activity and engagement;
- Seamless access to open educational resources;
- An administrator console that allows administrators to add users and accounts, build a private app library, configure servers and more;
- A classroom app for teachers with visual roll call, notifications when students leave the workspace, the ability to lock student screens
- An app designed to help in lesson creation;
- A notes app for both teachers and students;
- The ability to create written or verbal quizzes;
- One-touch sharing with the ability for teachers to control what materials are shared, as well as sharing to individuals or groups; and
- Browser, PDF and library apps.
"One key goal for the Digital Education Platform was to help schools and districts minimize costs and time associated with technology
implementation and training — while making it possible for them leverage the investments they've already made in devices, content and tools,"
said Ken Chen, vice president of product management, in a prepared statement. "With more affordability, faster implementation and dramatically
reduced requirements for training, administrators can deliver best-in-class resources and tools across the district, supporting equity and
effective technology access for every learner."
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.