CTL Launches New Windows Laptop for Education
CTL has introduced the NL15 Windows
Education Laptop, a new semi-rugged 11.6-inch laptop running the latest Windows
10 operating system.
Semi-rugged laptops are designed to withstand everyday classroom use at a
lower price-point than fully rugged designs. The CTL NL15 Windows Education
Laptop is priced at $199 for qualified education customers and features a
shock-resistant design that has been tested to withstand drops from heights of
50 centimeters (almost 20 inches) onto a concrete floor, according to
information from the company.
The NL15 runs the Windows 10 32-bit operating system, which is the latest
version of the Windows operating system set for release on July 29. CTL's
Windows laptops can also be bundled with the Intel
Education Software suite, which includes software such as McAfee AntiVirus
Plus/Mobile Security, Intel Education Lab Camera, SPARKvue, ArtRage, Intel
Education Access Management and Intel Education Media Camera.
Key features of the CTL NL15 Windows Education Laptop include:
- Intel Baytrail-CR (quad core) Z3735 F 1.33-1.8 GHz processor;
- 11.6-inch screen with 1366 x 768 resolution;
- 11 hours of battery life;
- Ultra slim design (.78-inch thick);
- 2 gigabytes of DDR3L memory;
- 64 gigabytes of eMMC flash storage;
- 802.11 b/g/n wireless network connectivity;
- Bluetooth wireless;
- Two full-sized USB 2.0 ports;
- One MicroSD card reader;
- One HDMI video port;
- One mini DC-in power port;
- One combo audio jack; and
- One SIM card slot with optional 3G.
Additional information about the NL15 Windows Education Laptop is available
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.