ISTE 2016 Coverage
OpenEd Announces New Partnerships and ACT Exam Content
New content on OpenEd includes curated, in-class assessments, recommended learning resources and lesson plans that support students preparing for the ACT exam.
OpenEd, a standards aligned K–12 open educational resource library, announced numerous new partnerships, as well as new content that supports students preparing for ACT exams.
The company’s free API enables partners to import OpenEd resources into their learning management, assessment and test prep offerings. New partners using OpenEd’s resource API include:
- Agilix, creator of Buzz, a personalized blended learning solution;
- Standards Planner, a searchable tool that organizes lesson plans and tools aligned with Common Core and other standards;
- Chalkable, a provider of student achievement solutions for K–12 schools;
- TechKnowledge, a provider of specialized information solutions in the Middle East; and
- Edusync, creator of planning and communication apps, like TeacherCal and EddyCal, for teachers, students and parents.
These newly forged partnerships add to OpenEd’s existing integrations with Canvas, Schoology, Renaissance Learning, Matchbook Learning and many other companies.
"At OpenEd our goal is to provide the best available learning materials and resources to teachers — making sure they are standard-aligned, sorted by efficacy, and available both on OpenEd.com and in other apps," said Adam Blum, CEO and co-founder of OpenEd, in a prepared statement. “We are thrilled to extend this mission to new partners."
Also part of the announcement, OpenEd has added content to its library. More than 350,000 teachers in the United States use OpenEd’s site, with an additional million using OpenEd through partners. Teachers will now have access to curated, in-class assessments with recommended learning resources in lesson plans that directly correspond to the ACT. As an ACT company, the assessment questions come from released tests. The ACT-supported resources can be searched and accessed through OpenEd’s Resource Library page.
OpenEd is exhibiting at ISTE 2016 in booth No. 4028. Further information is available on the OpenEd site.