STEM & STEAM Education
New Hands-on Learning Systems Link Coding and Robotics
Pitsco Education is launching several solutions that tie together robotics and coding for K–12 education.
The company today announced a new line of coding and robotics systems that it described as "the first complete coding and robotics continuum for K-12 classrooms." Pitsco partnered with several robotics kit makers for the offerings, including:
- UBTECH Education's UKITs for grades 3–12 (advanced classroom kit pictured above);
- Arduino Education's Starter Kit Classroom Pack, Science Kit Physics Lab, CTC Go! Core Module, CTC 101 Kit and Engineering Kit;
- KUBO Robotics' KUBO Coding and Coding+ Sets;
- Shape Robotics' Fable Robot for grades 6-12; and
- Microduino's STEM MIX Kits Series 1-4 for grades 4–9.
According to the company: "Pitsco Education's decades of experience and deep knowledge of what teachers need ensure that every product along the K-12 continuum comes with supporting curriculum and activities for easy and effective implementation in classrooms and school districts of all sizes and locations. Each product is designed to teach children how to evolve the way they think critically – from concrete to abstract – and how to develop the way they solve problems – from simple to complex. All products within the new coding and robotics continuum resonate with school districts in any one of the 50 states where NGSS, CCSS, ISTE, ITEEA, TEKS, and the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards for Science are being adopted."
Complete details can be found on Pitsco's site.