DyKnow Releases Vision and Monitor 5
##AUTHORSPLIT##<--->Education technology developer DyKnow has released DyKnow Vision and Monitor 5.0. Both tools, designed for classroom environments, add enhancements in the areas of compatibility, user interface, and various productivity features.
Vision is a tool used for collaboration and access to classroom content, including collaborative note taking and student response. Monitor is a utility that allows instructors to see what's on students' screens in classroom environments, providing a thumbnail view of what students have on their screens at any given time and allowing instructors to block applications, monitor wireless access, and blank out screens.
The new 5.0 releases add several enhancements to both applications, including:
- Compatibility with Windows Vista and IE 7;
- Blackboard integration;
- URL filtering (to block specific addresses);
- Enhanced word processing features;
- Improved screen capture, including the ability to grab all or part of a screen;
- A new work groups feature that allows instructors to designate which students belong to which groups, as well as allowing for collaboration between students within those groups;
- Global user display settings; and
- Customizable toolbars.
On the administration side, DyKnow Vision and Monitor 5.0 adds enhancements to the admin console so that old user accounts and classes can be removed manually. It also allows admins to change user IDs.
DyKnow 5.0 is available now. Read More:
:: READ MORE DAILY NEWS ::
About the author: Dave Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's educational technology online publications and electronic newsletters. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Have any additional questions? Want to share your story? Want to pass along a news tip? Contact Dave Nagel, executive editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.