joule 1.1 Gets New Chat, Forum Tools
Moodlerooms has released an update to joule, its learning management system based on the open source Moodle platform. The latest release, version 1.1, expands support for chat and adds new forum features and enhanced administration.
Moodlerooms is a Moodle partner that provides services centered around the Moodle learning management system for both K-12 and higher education. joule is Moodlerooms' learning management system built around Moodle that provides course management, content management, a learning repository, and various reporting and assessment tools. It also offers course conversion utilities, extensibility, in-system help, authentication, automation of some administrative tasks, and themes that allow institutions to brand their systems.
The latest release expands on joule's features and provides some enhanced administrative functions. Some of the new features include:
- New synchronous chat support for audio, video, and text;
- Automated course archiving;
- SIS grade book integration;
- Support for SAML 2.0 for single sign on;
- Improved video support, giving users the ability to "add video content to courses, create a synchronized playback of a video and document, and allow students to submit videos to assignments through Kaltura";
- Single sign-on support for [email protected];
- Support for site-, category-, and course-level themes; and
- Exam management using Respondus 4.0.
In addition, it also provides a range of enhancements to forums, including sorting topics, flagging posts, attaching multiple files, and allowing anonymous posts.
joule 1.1 is available now. Further information is available here.