Virtualization | News
Virtual Bridges Offers Free Virtualization Licenses for Educators
Virtual Bridges is offering K-12 organizations 50 free desktop virtualization licenses until June 30 through its Teacher's Pet campaign.
The program will provide 50 free licenses for the company's Verde VDI Gen2 which couples virtual desktop infrastructure with an offline hypervisor for regular desktop virtualization computing and local virtualization for use when students and staff are unable to access the network. The suite comprises five components:
- Verde Core provides user authentication and authorization and runs virtual desktop sessions from Verde servers;
- Verde VDI delivers dynamic routing and a server side hypervisor;
- Verde LEAF is a local desktop virtualization platform that provides both online and offline access;
- Verde Branch is a cloud-based virtual desktop infrastructure designed to reduce latency and bandwidth usage while ensuring continuity when the network is down; and
- Verde Console provides online monitoring of all desktop sessions as they run and real-time server utilization metrics.
Other features of Verde VDI Gen2 include unified management of desktops, high-definition multimedia support, automatic bi-directional sync, and disaster recovery.
With the Teachers Pet Program districts will also receive single server deployment, remote installation, troubleshooting, e-mail support, annual maintenance of all 50 seats for $2,000, and a 50 percent discount on any additional licenses purchased within 60 days.
Additional information about Verde VDI Gen2 is available at vbridges.com. More information about Teacher's Pet is available here, and interested parties can register for the program here.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at [email protected].