Lecture Capture | News
Sonic Foundry Adds New Features to Webcasting Platform
Attendees at last week's InfoComm 2012 conference in Las Vegas were able to demo new features of Sonic Foundry's Mediasite platform, according to a prepared statement from the company. The recently released capabilities include desktop capture and publishing, approval workflows, search-based catalogs, and customization.
Mediasite's new features are designed to automate the recording and publishing of user content. After recording the user's presentation, the Web-based desktop recorder automatically uploads the content to the Mediasite EX platform.
Additional features of the upgraded platform include:
- Collaboration workflows that enable users to review, edit, and approve content before its published;
- Catalog creation based on search terms, enhanced mobile catalog navigation, and analytics for individual catalog owners;
- Mediasite Player customization, including the ability to change video, slide and thumbnails sizes;
- Personalization of the Mediasite Management Portal;
- Content import and management for MP4s generated by NCast and Camtasia Relay, in addition to current H.264 and Windows Media Video import capabilities;
- Web-based Mediasite Editor, automatic software updates and data collection for Mediasite Recorders.
More information about Mediasite 6.1 and the Mediasite Desktop Recorder is available at Sonic Foundry's Web site.
Kanoe Namahoe is online editor for 1105 Media's Education Group. She can be reached at email@example.com.