Smart Classroom | News
M&A Debuts Integrated Mobile Unit for Classroom Presentations
- By Sharleen Nelson
M&A Technologies has introduced a compact, mobile workstation that integrates an array of audio-visual tools into an all-in-one unit. The interactive Genius Station allows teachers to switch between multiple sources of content and video as they deliver presentations and interact with students in the classroom.
The workstation's integrated components include a built-in high resolution document camera, a 24" multi-touch screen surface with windows 8, an Integrated high definition wide-screen projector, and amplified audio speakers with a wireless microphone. Additional features include an interactive white/blackboard, on-screen annotation, and on-screen control.
Instructors can use the multi-touch surface to annotate PDF files or PowerPoint presentations on the screen, or it can be used as an interactive white board.
Touch screen specifications include:
- 24" 10 finger capacitive touch screen with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080;
- A full size keyboard;
- 3rd generation i5 Intel system with 4 GB memory;
- WiFi 802.11 Dual channel;
- DVD player with optional Blu-ray;
- 128 GB SSD hard drive; and
- Two 3.0 USB ports.
Features of the document camera include:
- A 1,280 x 800 resolution output;
- Auto focus;
- Photo & video capture to USB or internal memory;
- Two integrated lights;
- Microscope options; and
- Ladybug control software.
Projector specifications include:
- Short throw DLP;
- 2,500 Lumens;
- A resolution of 1,280 x 800; and
- A 220-watt lamp with an estimated lifespan of 4,500-6,000 hours.
Features of the audio input and output system include:
- Two speakers with an output of 125 watts;
- Mic and line in inputs;
- Tone controls;
- An 8-inch full range speaker;
- A wireless 2-channel IR system;
- Rechargeable lapel microphone; and
- A charging station.
M&A Technology offers a range of technology products and cloud services for education. For more information about the Genius Station, visit geniusstation.com.
Sharleen Nelson is a freelance journalist based in Springfield, Oregon. She can be reached at email@example.com.