Smart Technologies Enhances Notebook With Activity Builder, Concept Mapping
Image: Copyright SMART Technologies. All rights reserved.
This spring, Smart Technologies is introducing Smart Notebook 2015, the latest version of its collaborative learning software.
A new Lesson Activity Builder allows instructors to create learning games and activities in a few simple steps. Teachers can create multiple interactive activities from the same content, introduce gamification elements such as buzzers, randomizers and timers, and involve students in the creation process. The new release also features Concept Mapping, and activity designed to encourage discovery and organize concepts visually.
In addition, enhancements to the company's Smart amp software will further extend collaborative learning across mobile devices. Launched in 2014, Smart amp is "cloud-based software that lets students co-create content on a digital canvas to enable anywhere, anytime contribution and collaboration on student devices," according to a press release. New features include:
- Math Equation editor, which allows users to edit math equations using common symbols and superscript/subscript, as well as work collaboratively on math problems in a workspace;
- Object attribution, which provides visibility into individual student contributions in a collaborative workspace
- An enhanced Grouping feature, which allows teachers to group students into their own workspaces in a few clicks;
- New content partners; and
- Availability in French and Spanish.
Smart Notebook 2015 will be available for download on April 9 for customers with an active Smart Notebook Advantage subscription; Smart amp is available now. For more information, visit the Smart Technologies site.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at [email protected].