ImageNow 6.2 Expands Integration, Speeds Document Capture
Perceptive Software this week released an update to ImageNow, the company's enterprise document management system targeted toward educational institutions. The new ImageNow 6.2 incorporates "hundreds" of new features and enhancements in the categories of performance, scalability, integration, and user experience.
ImageNow is a document management, imaging, and workflow software suite that's in use at about 900 campuses worldwide, according to Perceptive Software. The new version 6.2, released yesterday, includes the following enhancements:
- Expanded support for Microsoft Office;
- Support for document capture through WebNow;
- Automatic form recognition;
- Expanded output support, including the ability to bundle documents and send them to printers, e-mail clients, faxes, or files;
- A new task-based workflow; and
- Expanded support for automated integration with back-end systems.
It also offers general UI improvements and what Perceptive described as significant performance improvements in some areas, including workflow processing, with the ability to process 20 times more items per hour than the previous release; document capture at up to 10 times the speed of the previous release; and improved access to files on the network through new memory allocation algorithms.
ImageNow 6.2 is available in both hosted and on-premises configurations. Additional information about the new release can be found here.