Sanyo Ships 2,000-Lumen Classroom Projector
Sanyo this week debuted a new projector designed for classroom presentations. The new model is designed to provide high light output in an compact form factor.
The new PLC-XW57 is a 6.4-pound LCD projector that measures 13" W x 3.15" H x 9.3" D. It offers a brightness of 2,000 lumens and provides a native resolution of 1,024 x 768 and a contrast ratio of 400:1. Other features include:
- 1.2x optical zoom (16x digital);
- Security functions for use in common areas (PIN code lock and key lock);
- "Blackboard mode" for projecting onto chalkboards rather than a dedicated projection screen;
- 3D Automatic Uniformity Correction Control circuit;
- Vertical keystone correction ± 20 degrees; and
- Support for computer signals up to UXGA and SD and HD signals up to 1080i.
Connectivity includes component, composite, S-video, and D-Sub 15 pin; L/R RCA and stereo minijack audio output; and RS-232 and USB data I/O. The PLC-XW57 is available now for $895. Further information can be found here.