Compliance | News
MessageSolution Rolls Out Enterprise eDiscovery Suite
MessageSolution has released an electronic discovery system that archives data from e-mail, attachments, files, and SharePoint documents stored in-house and remotely. Electronic discovery, or e-discovery, refers to the process in which data is stored and retrieved for use in litigation.
Enterprise eDiscovery Suite is specifically compatible with Microsoft Outlook Mac 2011; Microsoft Entourage 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010; Microsoft Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010; Microsoft SharePoint 2003-2010; and Microsoft file systems.
Features of the suite include:
- Compression of e-mails, allowing for more storage space;
- A user interface for the administrator that allows management of all documents, including e-mails and SharePoint documents;
- Search dashboard allows searches for e-mails and files by sender, recipient, subject, content, file type, file size, and date range;
- Letting administrators mark documents in "Litigation Hold" status so they are easy to retrieve in court;
- Mobile access from Blackberrys and PDAs to Outlook archives;
- Ability to restore archived data to original format; and
- Generation of reports showing search and archive activity.
For further information, visit the MessageSolution Enterprise eDiscovery Suite site.
About the Author
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at [email protected] and followed on Twitter @editortim.